Why I hope the world ends

The Beginning is Near

Found on: Divine Openings

I’m pretty excited about the end of the world and the resulting new world that waits behind it!

I’m not talking about fire and brimstone or the four housemen. And no, this time I’m not talking about zombies either*. (I know, it’s a shocker!)

I’m talking about the end of a world full of materialistic thinking.

I’m talking about the end of the “what do I get out of this” mentality.

I am ready for an end to hatred for no other reason than simply being uncomfortable.

I am ready for the end of self doubt, self hatred and bullying those that are different than us.

I am ready for the end of over indulgence and not taking the time to think about anyone but yourself.

I know that I am not perfect and I have moments of “poor me” and “why is life so unfair” but I like to think that I have given to others more than I have expected to get something from someone else.

I am ready to start seeing more open minded conversations about religion, politics, and science without the fear of being burned at the stake as a heretic (literally or figuratively).

I am ready to start new and enjoy the days of my life as they come without worrying about how they “could have been better” if I could have only taken the left path instead of the right.

I’ve already started to see some shifts in myself and in the world over the past year that gives me hope. Hope that we are getting ready for an amazing period in our lives where open-mindedness can be the norm instead of the minority!

Tomorrow is not only the end/beginning of the world, it’s also the Winter Solstice and the celebration of Yule, the longest night and the return of the Sun! Longer days and more sunshine are on their way again. Hooray for sunshine and openness and the beginning of a new world!

So happy end/beginning of the world and Blessed Yule to you all and I hope you enjoy and embrace this shift with me!

In case of emergency

Image by one of my favorite artists Aunia Kahn. Go buy her stuff now!

Are you ready for the end of the world as we know it?

What are you ready to see happen in this new world of ours?

*FYI, Zombies WOULD be pretty cool. I wouldn’t turn away a zombie apocalypse…

Check out Danielle LaPorte’s Desire Map to help you discover all of your juicy awesomeness in the coming year!

You may also like...

11 Responses

1. Patty says:

I love this take on the world is ending – couldn’t agree with you more! I think i’ll start to embrace the idea of my old world evolving into a new one that’s more abundant in all different ways. Thanks for this post!

2. Lesley says:

Yes yes yes, to all of this and more!! I am so ready to welcome in a year full of openness and light. I’ve been on my own personal journey with this and feel very similarly to you. Of course things are always easier said than done and generally shifts in our attitudes and consciousness aren’t instant, but they can be! And I feel more ready than ever to step away from predisposed beliefs about myself that have held me back and embrace opportunity and more generosity in the year(s) ahead! xoxo

• Sara Carbaugh says:

Thanks so much for this! I know it’s been a hard and yet easy transition for me because I think “Duh, of course I’m awesome and everyone else is awesome too!” but that’s a really hard thing to realize with all the negativity surrounding us all the time! I’m so glad you are going on this journey to openness with me! :)

3. Deb says:

I’m totally with you re: a new beginning with this “end of the world as we know it.” It’s like that old saying from the Greek philosopher Heraclitus (one of my faves) … that “you can not step in the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing.”

Whee! It’s the end of the world! The end of the world! Let’s celebrate! :)

4. Becca says:

I love this post. For me, today marks the end of the year of bettering myself. What a fantastic year it’s been- I can only be excited about the next. But I am totally unprepared for a zombie apocalypse. I’ll have to figure out which neighbors I can steal weapons from.

• Sara Carbaugh says:

High five for a year of bettering yourself!! Oh and get your zombie action plan pulled together lady! You don’t want to be fending off zombies with a mixer and a kitchen knife. hehe ;)

5. Kristen says:

Yes, please! Especially more of that open-minded conversation thing. So amazing to have that experience this year.

6. Dawnielle says:

(I’m so behind on all my blog reading so forgive the late comment.)

I love and full heartily agree with your sentiments. There definitely seems to be a change building and I find that exhilarating! Here’s to growth as individuals and growth as a nation in this coming new year. Hip hip horray!